Fuel Saving Tips That Will Help Improve Gas Mileage
Everyone wants to save money and a great place to start is at the gas station. The following tips will help you improve your gas mileage, which means fewer trips to the pump:
- Tip #1: Check your tire pressure at least once a month.Correct tire inflation pressure is critical for good fuel economy, tread life and vehicle performance. And be sure to check your tire pressure before a road trip. Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations printed on the vehicle door placard or in the owner’s manual. It’s important to check the spare tire, too.
- Tip #2: Check your air filter for clogs.Replacing a clogged air filter can improve a vehicle’s gas mileage by as much as 10 percent.
- Tip #3: Using the grade of motor oil recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.Using the correct grade of motor oil can improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent.
- Tip #4: Keep your vehicle properly tuned. Regular vehicle maintenance can improve gas mileage by an average of 4.1 percent.
- Tip #5: Inspect your tires once a month.Look for uneven treadwear, cuts, cracks, bulges, foreign objects or other signs of wear or damage. And have your tires rotated and the balance checked every 6,000 miles. Refer to your owner’s manual for complete details.
- Tip #6: Watch The Weight…Excess weight in your vehicle can reduce gas mileage by 1-2% for every 100 pounds, so watch what you keep in your trunk.
- Tip #7: Keep It Capped…Did you know about 147 million gallons of gas evaporate every year from vehicles without gas caps?
- Tip #8: Avoid Fast Starts…Aggressive acceleration can reduce your gas mileage by up to a whopping 33%!
Appalachian Tire Products provides fast and free tire safety checks for all drivers. Whether you drive a car, truck, van or tractor trailer, we have the right tire for the right price.
*Actual results may vary based on when tires are replaced, driving and road conditions, and proper tire maintenance. (Source of stats and estimates: Federal Trade Commission and U.S. Department of Energy)
For example, you could look at null hypothesis testing in my own https://pro-essay-writer.com/ papers on the sense of being stared at, telepathy, and unexplained powers of animals
Quality Products, Quality Service